Join BYMBE, the campaign to raise awareness about difficulties and possibilities of young mothers to re-enter education
Despite mothers being timeless teachers in the classroom of life, the Report on National Education and Support Services for young mothers (in Project partner countries) shows there is a lack of support programmes for mothers dropped out of educational system. Beside, the inabilities to reconcile the time-tables of childcare, work and studying make re-entering education particularly difficult.
The Campaign aims toward four goals:
- Raise awareness in young mothers about the importance of education as a tool to secure their and their children’s future
- Attract young mothers into partner organizations and enter the BYMBE project.
- Mobilize professionals working with young mothers to explore the resources and network of BYMBE project.
- Raise awareness in general public and stakeholders about the difficulties and barriers young mothers face when choosing to re-enter education.
The partnership approach focuses on four key actions we believe are strategical in supporting young mothers:
- Providing accurate information—backed by research—on education and childcare opportunities so young mothers can make informed decisions.
- Supporting young mothers in shaping their future and to protect the opportunities they create for themselves and their children.
- Ensuring that relevant stakeholders in partner countries as well as general public are aware of the practical difficulties, barriers and judgment young mothers face which threaten their right to education.
- Empowering social workers, teachers, educators, trainers and any other professional to support young mothers and have a positive impact on their ability to pursue their choices.
How can you support us and join our campaign efforts?
- STAY IN THE KNOW!
- SHARE OUR MESSAGE!
Look at our Campaign materials and share them! Engage your school or organization in a conversation about education opportunities for young mothers. Help us reaching our community and decision makers. Use the hashtag #bymbe to share your stories and ideas!
- GET INVOLVED!
Do you believe every young mother should have the possibility to re-enter education? Are you a young mother willing to shout out the opportunities education has opened in your life? Write us and meet our staff to tell your story, give us a call or join our support program.